Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bag with crochet appliques

Hi everyone! I couldn't post any articles since last September... I was always working on my Etsy shop, so I couldn't have enough time to make crochet items for myself. However, I'll try to work on this blog this year. :)

I have been selling doily appliques on my shop. I love doilies, but I don't want to use the doily only as home decor. That's why I started making doily appliques. :)
I sometimes use patterns from crochet books to make the appliques, but I always add my ideas into the patterns. I also create patterns by myself.

Today, I'm going to introduce my bag that I made with a doily applique set!



I used "Butterfly doily applique set" for the bag. I have three more color variations on my shop!
Each part: butterfly, flower and vine, are individual, so you may arrange them for your bag, clothes, home decor and whatever you prefer.
I also used cotton fabric and felt.


When I make something with fabric, I always think of easy an way to make the design look fancy. Can you believe that I made the bag by only hand sewing? I don't have a sewing machine...













I made inner of the bag with cotton fabric, and made outside and handles with felt to make pockets on the surface of the bag. :)




This bag has three pockets on the outside! 

When I go to a place where I hold my crochet class, I wanted to carry my note book. I now carry it with me. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment