Sunday, March 27, 2011

Summer Shoulder Bag 藍

I've just completed making my newest project! I made a summer shoulder bag this time. I'm Japanese as you know, so I'm trying to use Japanese culture in my projects. 
There is a Japanese traditional color called 藍(ai). Ai is same color as Indigo. Japanese people prefer to wear ai colored clothes or bag in the summer to have a sense of coolness. 
After I found this fabric, that was used for lid of the bag, at a shop.  I had been thinking a lot about the design for the bag, and I finally chose this design.


The bag size is 12" height, 11" width, 3" depth. The shape is trapezoid. 
I used Eco-cotton yarn in the project. I like recycling, so I prefer to use Eco-yarn. I think it's important to make something with thinking about the environment.


I used two different sizes wooden buttons in the project. Wood really matches ai or indigo colors.

I used two particular stitches in the project. One is puff stitch that was used at bottom of the bag. The other one is long single crochet stitches that are studded all around above puff stitches. I initially wanted to place a few crochet motifs around the side of the bag, but I noticed that too much meshes make bag shape unstable. 


This project is made with crochet and hand sewn as usual. (⌒o⌒)

I'm thinking of making two more bags, each with a different shape. One may be a smaller shoulder bag. The other one may be a hand bag. Of course, I will sell these bags at my shop. Come visit, if you are interested!
http://NeIro.etsy.com


Stitches that I used in the project.
Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, long single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, puff stitch.

Yarn that I used in the project.
  • Red Heart Eco-cotton : Vinilla
  • Lily Sugar'n Cream Denim : Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment