Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crochet Accessories #1

I visited Japan with my husband this fall. One of my reasons that I want to visit Japan is to buy handcraft materials. There are a lot of specific handcraft shops in Japan. I also look forward to seeing my mother's sewing projects. She lives in Japan, and she is great at sewing. I always get new ideas from her projects.
On the trip, I bought Chinese beads, a wooden stick for ornamental hairpin and metal parts for barrettes. I'm attempting to make crochet projects with other materials recently. I'm going to introduce my crochet accessories made with these materials.


For the first, I'm going to talk about a yarn. I used only one yarn for these accessories. I have introduced the yarn when I presented how to consume left-over yarn. 
The yarn has gently sifting colors, so I actually see white, pink, dark purple, light brown and dark brown on it. I recommend the yarn to you when you make a few small things. If you buy all colors of yarn, you will have many left-over yarns. Before I make these accessories, I divided each color reasonably, so you can see a few parts mixing colors on them.




Ornamental Hairpin
The accessory is composed of the wood stick, the Chinese beads, three crochet flowers and two crochet corkscrews. I made a flower ball with the three flowers, and stuck it near by the top of the wood stick, and then hang the two corkscrews from the center of the flower ball. I used the Chinese beads at the top of wood stick and the bottom of the two corkscrews. I also added tiny pink beads on each petal of the flowers.

Stitches that I used for the ornamental hairpin.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet.



Necklace
I used the crochet flower and the crochet corkscrews on the necklace as well. The flower is movable on the chain part of the necklace. The flower is actually holding ring shape. I used two clear beads at the bottom of the corkscrews as weight.

Stitches that I used for the necklace.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet.


Barrette
I surrounded the barrette with working chain stitches to make foundation, and work five chains, slip stitch in next stitch repeatedly to make frill on the foundation. I used six tiny pink beads, a clear purple bead, and purple leather for each barrette.

Stitches that I used for the barrette.
Chain stitch, slip stitch.


If you have any questions about these accessories, please don't hesitate to ask me. I'm happy to answer you!
Have wonderful time with crochet. ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment