Saturday, February 12, 2011

Choker ( Crochet Accessory #5 )

I'm going to introduce the crochet chokers I made today. I mainly used crochet thread in these projects, but It's good to use various texture yarn in one project. I also used different materials such as beads and leather in the projects.


To make adjustable choker, I used leather string as a tie. Of course, you may use ribbon  for that as well.

I like this trim pattern. It's called surprising shells. In the pattern, you don't need to decide how long you need to make foundation chain first, because you can adjust it's length while working on the pattern.
I used crochet thread for the trim, and used two different fluffy kinds yarn for the flower and fringe.







This edging pattern is called princess picots. It looks as gorgeous as it's name. I had to decide how long I needed to make the foundation chain first, besides I needed to know how many beads I needed to thread onto the crochet thread. I had a hard time figuring them out.
I like the butterfly motif. I made the butterfly with same color as the choker first, but I couldn't see it well. I made the white butterfly too, and put both butterflies together.





Stitches that I used in these projects.
Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet.

Yarn that I used in these projects.
  • Red Heart Knit-Cro-Sheen Crochet Thread : White
  • Red Heart Classic Crochet Thread : Burgundy
  • Patons Lace : Midas ( flower )
  • Aramis Cosmetic : Pink ( fringe )

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kazumi,
    Can you tell me where you found the pattern for the surprising shells? It is truly lovely! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marsha,
      Thank you for your comment!
      You can find the pattern in a crochet book named "The complete photo guide to crochet".

      I'll attach a link for the book here.
      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_14?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=complete+photo+guide+to+crochet&sprefix=complete+photo%2Cstripbooks%2C1011

      I hope you have a wonderful crochet time!

      Kazumi

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Kazumi! I'm off to explore more in your blog!!!

      Delete
    3. You are very welcome. :)
      If you have any questions, you may send e-mails to my profile e-mail address as well! I'm happy to share my skill.

      Delete