Friday, February 4, 2011

Necklace with Crochet Thread ( Crochet Accessory #4 )

When I posted about spring and summer crochet projects before, I introduced a necklace. This necklace is the same type of necklace, but it's a different color and design.  I designed this necklace to resemble red coral.


I like to use crochet thread when I make accessories, because the thread is good for making fine designs.  I also like to use large beads, which were placed between ruffles, because I don't need to thread the beads onto the yarn first. I can place the beads whenever I want to add them. However, those beads are more expensive than tiny beads, so I stock up when they are on sale.


This ruffle is called taryn's ruffle. I used the pattern in my last project, summer room shoes, as well. The pattern has large ruffle effect, so the necklace looks solid. 


I wanted the rest of the necklace chain simple to show the ruffle pattern effectively.  I just placed a thin pink colored bead every 8th single crochet when I was surrounding the wire frame.


Stitches that I used in the project.
Chain, single crochet, double crochet.

Crochet thread that I used in the project.
  • Red Heart Classic : Burgundy ( cotton )

No comments:

Post a Comment