Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spring & Summer Crochet Projects ( Crochet Accessory #3 )

Hi everyone! I'm going to tell you about working on crochet during warm and hot season today. I assume that people think spring and summer are not good season for crochet, but I'm exciting to work on spring and summer crochet projects! Actually, I've already started working. I'm going to introduce a necklace that I've completed yesterday. 


I used three colors of crochet thread and two kinds of beads for the necklace. Using beads is a good way to make a project that won't be too hot. I made the necklace while imagining lavender and chamomile. I bought wire necklace frame, and surrounded the wire with crochet tread. Many varieties of wire necklace frame are sold at hobby shops, so you may choose best type for your purpose.

Choosing materials is most important during spring and summer. I recommend you use cotton yarn and crochet thread! Cotton is washable by washing machine, so it's easy to care for.  There are really nice texture yarn like fleece, so they are suitable in spring as well.  Fine yarn is also suitable. If you crochet with mesh or shell stitches with fine yarn, the project will be cool.
There is cotton crochet thread too. It's easier to crochet than acrylic or nylon crochet thread, because these threads are too slippery.  It is possible to iron cotton crochet thread, so if your project needs to be flat, you may use an iron.
Choosing a project is also important. I'll keep presenting my ideas for spring and summer, and explain yarn that I'll use and my future projects.


Stitches that I used in the project.
Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet.

Yarn that I used in the project.
  • Red Heart Knit-Cro-Sheen : White
  • OMEGA  Nylon Thread : Yellow
  • Egyptian Crochet Thread : Light Green

No comments:

Post a Comment