Saturday, January 1, 2011

Neck & Soulder Warmer

I'm going to introduce my neck and shoulder warmer today! When I had been working on the Ear Flap Hat, I had an idea, which I can use the hat pattern for around my shoulders.  I made shoulder part first, and figured out how long I needed to expand the hat pattern, and then, I created a pattern from neck to shoulder to connect to shoulder part. I also attached a clematis flower. 



I expected the warmer fits to my body line where my shoulders connect to my arms. Since I used a stiff yarn, the warmer didn't tend to fit to body my line. I need to choose soft and stretchable yarn, also improve the pattern.

When I wear the warmer, I don't need to pull it over, because the warmer has an open front that is secured by three bottoms.



I don't want to wear pull-over clothes after I've made up and fixed my hair. That's why I made the warmer to open at the front. I'm always aiming to make practical crochet projects.

I adapted three fancy patterns into the warmer.  

 Candy Corn
This pattern looks like a tower. I made 25 candy corns for the warmer,     and connected them with single crochet at the bottom.

 Stardust
This pattern looks like connected flowers. I love this pattern! Each flower is composed of bobble stitch and half double crochet. 




  Baby Cable Rid
This rib pattern is composed of front post double crochet. It looks solid.












I will try to make an improved neck and shoulder warmer soon. 


Stitches that I used for the warmer.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, front post double crochet.


Yarn that I used for the warmer.
  • RED HEART Super Saver : Soft White
  • I Love This Yarn Sport Weight : Red & Green (Clematis)

No comments:

Post a Comment