Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Motif Bag

I'm going to introduce crochet motif bag today. I like making motif such as flower, snowflake, leaf and butterfly. Making crochet bags is also one of my favorite projects. 

When I went to a fabric shop near my house, I found a beautiful fabric, and came up with this idea!


I made three different sizes of flower motifs and two solid small flower motifs, and then connected them together by free form. However I connected them together while making each one with slip stitches. I also worked around the top edge.


I wanted to make the bag strap adjustable, so I made two straps and four button holes in one strap, and attached four buttons to the other strap. 


Seriously, I don't have sewing machine, so I made the button holes by hand sewing. I learned how to hand sew the button holes from the internet. The button hole really works same as sewing machine button hole! I wish I can introduce the web page, but the web page is written in Japanese.

I like to use buttons in my crochet projects. I can't find fancy buttons in the U.S, so I sometimes order them from Japan. I used this two sizes of wooden button this time.


I'm Japanese, so I love Japanese traditional patterns like traditional costume, Kimono. By the way, I made the coaster with Japanese cotton towel, Tenugui, and Kimono fabric four years ago.

Stitches that I used for the motif bag.
Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, 4 double crochet cluster, 5 double crochet cluster, puff stitch.

Yarn that I used for the motif bag.
  • Baby Bee Sweet Delight Pomp : Naked

No comments:

Post a Comment