Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Necklace With Crochet Thread ( Crochet Accessory #2 )

Hi everyone! I can finally introduce what crochet projects I made as Christmas presents. I'm going introduce an necklace that I made for my mother-in-law. 


I used three kinds of crochet thread for the necklace. I posted my evaluation of these crochet threads here.
My mother-in-law likes nature. I love the nature too, so we often talk about flowers, birds and butterflies. 

I didn't want to attach the threads to connect the butterfly, flower and chain together, because that doesn't make firm connection.  I made the flower first, and connected the butterfly to the flower with slip stitch while working on the top of left wing. This way is better, but I needed to plan the structure before I started making the necklace I also connected the chain to the flower with the yellow clear bead in the center of the flower.

Crochet thread is good for use with beads in crochet projects. Most beads don't have holes that are large enough for the yarn. When you want to use beads in your project, which use thick yarn, you can put beads through on crochet thread, and crochet with your yarn and the thread together.  This way you can place even tiny beads whenever you want in your project.  This can also give your project additional color.

Stitches that I used for the necklace.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet.

Crochet threads that I used for the necklace.
  • OMEGA  Nylon Thread : Yellow 
  • Egyptian Crochet Thread : Light Gree 
  • Red Heart Knit-Cro-Sheen : White

No comments:

Post a Comment