Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Costume for Duffy

Hi, it has been snowing here in Kentucky U.S.A. It's the sixth time this winter season. We usually don't have the snow in December, but it's good to have the snow. There is a bird called Cardinal in Kentucky. The male bird has bright red feathers, so they are really attractive in the snow!

I'm always working on some crochet projects, I'm now making Christmas presents and a hand bag, but I'm working on those projects without Christmas colored of yarn. Since I watched the Cardinal in my yard today, I wanted to make Christmas item, that's why I made this costume.


My Duffy is about 5 inches tall. I've made the dress, boots and hair accessory. Of course I used left over yarn for the costume. I initially wanted make a hat, but it was hard to have her wear it on her head. Her head is almost flat with large ears. Even if I make ear holes in the hat it will cover her eyes, so I decided to make the hair accessory instead.

I tried to take a picture of Duffy with the snow outside, but it didn't work. That's why I put her in front of the window.


Stitches that I used for the costume.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, foundation half double crochet, half double crochet, double crochet.

Yarn I used for the costume.
I Love This Yarn Sport Weight : Red and White.

No comments:

Post a Comment