Thursday, December 23, 2010

Three Ways Scarf

I got two interesting skeins of yarn lately.  I bought one at a shop for 1 dollar.

This yarn doesn't unravel, so I thought it would be good for making small things like accessories. The yarn also has texture like suede, and it's elastic.






I got the other yarn from my mother when I visited Japan last fall.  She is a great knitter, but she prefers sewing to knitting now.

This yarn is very fluffy, and suggests a USA size P/10mm hook. I didn't have that size, so I bought the hook to work with it. This yarn doesn't unravel as well.






I initially wanted to make a hand bag with these, but I realized that I didn't have enough of the fluffy yarn to make the hand bag I wanted. I also noticed that the fluffy yarn can show it's feature on chain stitches effectively, so I made this three way scarf!







I made long white trim with crochet thread, and put a chain made from the fluffy yarn on it.  Finally, I added another chain made with chain stitches and picots in pink. The scarf can be used as necklace or belt as well.
I'm thinking of making other accessories with these yarn.


 Stitches that I used for the scarf.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet Picot.
Yarn that I used for the scarf.
 

  • RED HEART Knit-Cro-Sheen : White
  • GALA Mix Fiber : Pink
  • ARAMIS Cosmetic : Light Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment