Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter Wreath

I got two wooden wreaths from my mother-in-law this year, and I made a crochet fall wreath with crochet pumpkin, butternut squash, leaves, two kinds of flowers and acorns. I really enjoyed making the wreath, and hung it from the living room wall during fall.


I've made winter wreath too! The winter wreath is simple compared to the fall wreath, but it looks gorgeous.☆


I made three crochet Poinsettias, and attached to the other wreath. I had planned to attach some snowflakes on it, but I realized that if I'd like to show the gorgeous Poinsettias, I should not attach anything else. I just used dried seeds pods around the Poinsettias. I like to use things from nature, because those are free and it looks warm. 
I'm going to tell you how I made Poinsettia. I made four green leaves, eight red leaves and three buds for each flower. I wanted the Poinsettia to look more real, so I wanted to change leave's size slightly. I actually made four different sizes of patterns for the leaves, but  there are two sizes of green leaf and four sizes of red leaf.  I also used different hook sizes to change the sizes of the leaves. 
After I made all sizes of leafs, I sewed four leaves together with slip stitch, so three groups of leafs made up each flower. I put all groups of leaf in center like flower, and turned it over, and then sewed roughly not to move leaves and to keep the leaves from rolling up. I tied three buds together with ten inches of yarn, and put it through the center of the flower, and then tied the yarn to the wreath.
I'll hang the winter wreath from the living room wall until February.

Stitches that I used for the Poinsettia.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, shingle crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet.

Yarn that I used for the Poinsettia.
I Love This Yarn Sport Weight : Red and Green
Patons Grace : Lemon Lime

No comments:

Post a Comment