Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hand Bag

I've made a hand bag from left-over yarn. I always aim to use my left-over yarn. When I buy yarn, I'll choose yarn for a project, but left-over yarn in my yarn basket often gives me new ideas.


I have been trying to learn higher level stitches, and I chose Diamond Cross Trellis pattern for the front and back sides of the hand bag. This skill level is experienced, but if you practice a few times, I'm sure you can use it in your project! The tip for the pattern is to loosely stitch Font Post Triple Crochet.  I looped dark yellow yarn around the front post triple crochet.

I became interested in edging lately, because edging can make projects fancy or impressive, so I  worked edging on the cover of the hand bag. However, I wanted to add the yellow flower too, so I used a little free form around the flower.


I used white felt to line the inside of the bag. I didn't use fabric for two reasons; first I don't have a sewing machine, the other is that I like felt.

This was the first time I made a crochet hand bag. I took one week to complete, because I made the pattern at the same time. Of course I was working on other projects as usual. While I was working on this project, I got two more ideas for new hand bags, so I started working on one already! I look forward to introducing those projects soon.


Stitches I used for the hand bag.
Chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, front post triple crochet, 2 treble cluster, 3 treble cluster.

Yarn that I used for the hand bag
  • Lion Brand Yarn HOMESPUN : Borbon
  • RED HEART Super Saver : Aran
  • I Love This Wool : Sungold

2 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable little bag! It is subtle and sophisticated and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanne,
      Thank you so much for your compliment. :) I'm also happy to hear that you love the bag. I wish I can have the time to make a lot of items and post them on this blog.

      Delete