Thursday, October 14, 2010

Helpful Charm

I'm going to introduce my original crochet charm today! When I was thinking of my fathers birthday present, I came up with this idea, and created the pattern myself.


It looks cute, doesn't it? This charm has a function. It is not only charm! My father like playing golf, so I wanted give him something helpful for golf. I needed to think of something round first to make the charm, and picked acorn. Can you guess what those acorn hold inside? The acorns can hold a golf ball each of inside! I have not played golf for a long time, so I didn't know exact size of golf ball. I asked my husband if he knows someone who plays golf, and if he can get one golf ball for me. He got a golf ball from his coworker for me, so I could figure out the size of acorn. You know yarn is elastic, so it's great material to hold golf ball.



I used to play golf when I was in my 20s, so I know that there are many types of golf bag. To use the charm with all type of golf bag, I attached a bottom to the charm belt and made a loop to hang it on any golf bags.

Stitches that I used for the charm:                                              
  • Half double crochet on the belt
  • Shingle crochet and double crochet on the acorn.


Yarn that I used for the charm:
  • Lion Brand Yarn Homespun : Wild Fire (Belt)
  • I Love This Wool Super Soft Super Saving : Sungold (acorn cap)
  • I Love This Wool Super Soft Super Saving : Burnt Pumpkin (acorn cap)
  • Patons Kroy Socks FX : Copper (acorn)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment