Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How to Consume Left-over Yarn

Which doughnut would you like? Don't these hair accessories look like doughnuts? These accessories are called "chouchou" in French. I'm not sure what the accessories are called in the U.S. Could someone tell me please? 




I'm going to present one of my ways to consume left-over yarn today. I usually work on my crochet projects six hours everyday, so I often have left-over yarn. However, I never through them away! I used one new yarn and four left-over yarn for the accessories. I used the new yarn for the basics, and added individual designs with the left-over yarn. 
                                                       
This yarn is what I used for the base of the accessories. It's Patons Lace. 
It was great to make a lot of same stuff, which have individual designs, because the yarn has beautiful range of gently shifting colors. You can see various colors on the accessories. Some of them look dark, also some of them look light.              

I made the accessories for my family and friends as presents. The accessories are made with left-over yarn, but it's nice to give women as present. Don't you thinks so? The accessory can also be used as a bracelet.  

Yarn that I used for the accessories as left-over :
  • I Love This Yarn Sport Weight : Ivory
  • Lion Brand Yarn Homespun : Bourbon and Wild Fire
  • Patons Kroy Socks FX : Copper                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment