Thursday, October 21, 2010

Room Shoes #1



Room Shoes are one of my favorite crochet projects! When I was working on crochet socks, I figured out how to make room shoes from sock pattern. I used the way on this room shoes again.


The room shoes are for me. I actually made another one for me a few months ago, but I didn't want to wear it, because it was so cute and too fancy to wear. That's why I made the room shoes. This time, I attempted to make it simple and cute. Do you like this design? 

I don't like it when shoes flap while I'm walking, so I needed to think of a design which doesn't flap. That's why I made two straps on the room shoe. However, I noticed that my crochet room shoe pattern doesn't flap. Look at this picture. →
The heel of the room shoe is covering my heel well!
There is one more thing that I don't like about room shoes; they wear out too quickly. I solved the problem with sewing felt on bottom of the room shoe. ↓

You can use anything you like for the pads such us leather, denim or thicker fabric. These fabric also get damage over time, but you just need to change the fabric instead of making other room shoe.






Stitches that I used for the room shoes:
  • Single crochet
  • Half double crochet
  • Slip stitch
Yarn that I used for the room shoes:
  • Yarn Bee Snow Flake Wool Blend : Color Limelight (Shoe)
  • I Love This Yarn Sport Weight : Color Ivory (Edge of shoe and button)
  • Patons Grace : Color Snow (as string of sewing felt)

No comments:

Post a Comment